TO: VICE CHANCELLORS OF UNIVERSITIES, RECTORS OF POLYTECHNICS, PROVOSTS OF COLLEGES OF EDUCATION, HEADS OF HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS (HEIs) AND SENIOR MANAGEMENT STAFF OF HEIs IN AFRICA
Invitation to 2ND INTERNATIONAL EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP WORKSHOP FOR HEADS OF TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS IN AFRICA (Transcorp Hilton Abuja, 27th-28th April 2016)
“The organization is excellent and the delivery of all the modules superb”
… Prof. Adebiyi G. Daramola, VC, Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) and Chairman, Committee of Vice Chancellors of Nigerian Federal Universities (CVC) / Association of Vice Chancellors of Nigerian Universities (AVCNU)
"The Programme was well packaged and well delivered. It afforded the opportunity to discuss challenges and issues on International Higher Education, deepened Knowledge of HEI Management, offered networking opportunity and collaboration. Highly recommended for Heads of HEIs in Africa"
Prof Abdullahi Yusufu Ribadu, VC, Sule Lamido University Jigawa State and former VC Federal University of Technology Yola (FUTY)
Join us in Abuja, Transcorp Hilton Hotel (27th-28th April 2016) for one of the world’s most comprehensive and rigorous tertiary education executive leadership and management Workshop. As part of the Programme, you will receive a 360° strategic blueprint on how to raise your institution’s foreign/research grants, raise your institution’s Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) and Third Stream Revenue (TSR) through re-invigorating the Centres, Units, Directorates, Faculties and Departments; raise your institution’s webometric ratings and global ranking; effectively drive your internationalization policy; collaborate and establish linkages with other tertiary institutions internationally; attract development partners; and raise world-class academics and students.
This highly experiential and interactive executive Workshop is designed by world-class tertiary education management and leadership development experts with more than 250 years combined experience. You will be provided with series of practical tools and resources with immediate applications that you can take home with you.
WHAT TO EXPECT?:- This highly interactive Programme is based on the Top Performance Leadership and Management Intelligence Algorithm of Tertiary Education Management developed by SCBS. The Programme will train Heads of Institutions on how to profitably run and manage their Institutions as world-class Businesses without compromising on the Institution’s social responsibility roles.
The Programme will pragmatically answer the questions:
- How should Chief Executives of Tertiary Institutions in Africa manage their Institutions in order to meet the 21st Century Global Market Place Expectations, connect with partners, donors and clients, sustain partnerships and internationalization policies while consistently increasing the internally generated revenue of their institutions and global ranking/webometric ratings.
- How can the Centres, Units, Institutes and Directorates in Tertiary Institutions in Africa be modeled to offer Management/Technological/Technical/Legal and such other services to Multinational Companies, Governments, Private Businesses, Groups, NGOs, INGOs and individuals?
- What are all the ranges of products and services that Tertiary Institutions in Africa can offer, how should they be packaged and how can paying clients/customers be reached?
- How can Tertiary Institutions in Africa organize the numerous world-class manpower in their Institutions for wealth creation both for the professionals and the Institutions; thereby creating value and solution to the society and IGR for the Professionals and their tertiary Institutions?
- How can Tertiary Institutions in Africa be managed in order to solve society’s diverse problems and smile to the banks doing so?
- How should Heads of Tertiary Institutions in Africa manage their institutions in order to turn them into world-class research centres in spite of government’s dwindling funding of tertiary institutions in Africa
EXPECTED OUTCOMES?:- At the end of the Programme, Heads of HEIs will be able to:
- exert a pull for financing of training, research and development activities of your institution by national and international donors, alumni, civil society and reputable research-hungry industries
- facilitate a greater connectivity and strong linkages with local, national, regional and international communities
- connect and network with world-class institutions/organizations to promote national and international collaborations
- attract international students, and facilitate placement of your students and faculty in highly ranked institutions
- facilitate interaction between your Institution and reputable Industries
- develop partnerships with high ranked higher institutions across the world for collaborations in joint research activities and publications
- host/co-host and participate in international conferences/ workshops/ summits / exhibitions/ academic meetings with reputable institutions and organizations across the world
- Exchange academic materials and other information with high ranked higher institutions across the world
- Engage in collaborative joint Programmes that may lead to joint degrees, Special short-term academic programs and Joint Business Incubation Centre Activities
MODULES:-The Programme will cover the following modules:
- Creative Intelligence for Tertiary Institution Leadership and Management
- Strategic Pathways to Internationalization of Higher Institutions in Africa
- ICT Tools and Actions for Higher Webometric Ratings and Global Ranking
- Higher Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) through Re-Invigorating the Centres and Directorates: The Harvard Example
- Human Capital Development and 21st Century Higher Education Leadership and Management
- Marketing and Selling the Institutions: The Roles of Centres, Directorates, Faculties, Departments and Units
- Business Vision Management for Higher Education Leadership
- 10 Sources of Funding neglected by Tertiary Institution Leadership
- Cracking the Leadership Nuts: Visioning, Organizing, Succeeding
- Fundraising and Endowment: Tips, Tricks and Techniques
DATE:- Wednesday 27th - Thursday 28th April 2016. (Arrival: Tuesday 26th April. Departure: - Friday 29th April).
VENUE:- Transcorp Hilton Abuja (Niger Conference Room)
REGISTRATION:- N250,000 or $950 per participant ( covers Workshop Fee, 2 days in class with breakfast and lunch, Programme materials, personal and institutional certificate of attendance) .
10% discount for group bookings of 3 or more delegates.
NB: THIS IS A PRE-REGISTERED PROGRAMME. 50% payment can be accepted before the Programme and 50% completed at the Programme Venue.
All payment is made into:
SEAN CUSSONS BUSINESS SCHOOL, DIAMOND BANK PLC, ACCOUNT NUMBER – 0035975477
Dollar Account Details
Account Name: Anopue Calistus Cussons
Account No: 3000481329
Bank: United Bank for Africa (UBA) PLC
Cally Cussons, Ph.D.